The many inconveniences of menopause, such as mood swings, hot flashes, and vaginal dryness can greatly interfere with your love life. These are some exciting tricks to keep your mind and body thinking about one thing, and one thing only.
There are many foods that have libido boosting qualities, which will keep you feisty throughout menopause. These easy to find aphrodisiacs - foods found to increase sexual desire - make for some steamy sex.
- Almonds. These nuts have a sweet, seductive scent and have represented female fertility for centuries, due to the reproductive-supporting vitamin E. Vitamin E can also help reduce vaginal dryness, another menopause symptom that often decreases libido.
- Avocado. Since Aztec times in Mexico, these pear-shaped fruits have inspired intimacy. They support cardiovascular health, which maintains your vigor, and they also have antioxidants and vitamin E, preserving youthfulness.
- Banana. Besides the suggestive shape, bananas have potassium and B vitamins that are effective in giving you energy and stamina to get it on all night.
During menopause, since your estrogen levels are plummeting, your libido becomes disrupted. You can consume phytoestrogenic plants in tea or supplemental form to maintain your sexual appetite.
- Dong quai. Also known as female ginseng, the root of this plant is the remedy of choice in Chinese medicine for menopausal women. Rich in phytoestrogens, it will stimulate blood circulation, warming you up in all the right places.
- Red clover. Red clover is overflowing with estrogenic compounds. This herb will boost your feminine side and may even make you feel sexy.
- Black cohosh. Black cohosh, a phytoestrogen-rich herb native to the United States, has been long revered for getting women in the mood. Its ability to increase blood flow to the sex organs will enhance vaginal lubrication and arousal.
If you lead a sedentary lifestyle, your body systems will become stagnant. Your blood won't flow as freely, your breath won't enter as fully, and your brain will be fatigued.
To increase sensitivity, it is important to get in touch with your physical form through exercise. 30 minutes of cardio or a well-rounded yoga session will make you happy, more awake, and the improved circulation will have your lady parts ready for love. If you can get your partner to join you for a morning jog, it can be a bonding experience.
Tell your partner how you feel. Express how attractive you find them. Confess how excited they made you when you first started dating. Let them know how much you want to get it on, and get into details; the more the better. Opening up a sexual dialogue can be very stimulating. The increased excitement on both ends may get you closer and closer by the word. It may feel strange at first, but just take a deep breath and start simply - you never know what position you'll end up in. Read on maintaining a healthy relationship.
If you are moody, fatigued, or upset through your menopause symptoms, make sure to reach out. Instead of introverting during those moments, find all excuses to relieve the feelings by being in close contact. Hug, cuddle, kiss, play, and be all around
If you are especially stressed about something, ask for a gentle shoulder rub. As you release tension through compassionate touch, hands may just start wandering. This increased sensuality will be sure to maintain your wild side.
Libido is a tricky force to maintain during menopause, but developing the right habits and responses, you will not be off your loved one for long.