Menopause may be an uncomfortable stage because of the different accompanying symptoms. However, there are treatments available that can help. Keep reading to discover menopause treatments that can combat three different physical symptoms of menopause.
Skin becomes thinner with age and can often become dry and flaky. The lack of estrogen hormones during menopause further accelerates thinning skin. The best treatment options for itchy skin are:
- Eat foods that are rich in vitamins A and C, such as carrots and apricots.
- Try using a cream formulated specifically to combat itchy skin.
- Go to the sauna - this can help rejuvenate skin and restore moisture, and is also therapeutic and relaxing.
- Consult with your doctor if symptoms become worse. They can prescribe certain steroid creams, which may be necessary in extreme cases.
Joint and muscular pain occurs due to the decreasing levels of hormones in the body. Many menopausal women report suffering from backaches. Thankfully, there are many different treatment options to combat joint pain:
- Exercise regularly helps reduce body aches and pains. Walking, running, or playing a sport all work as an effective menopause treatment.
- Try using tiger balm as an over the counter treatment for joint and muscle pain.
- Take one or two aspirins to cope with body aches. Consult with your doctor before opting to take aspirin on a daily basis.
- Consult with an acupuncturist or a massage therapist for an alternative treatment to overcome joint pain.
Bladder problems occur when muscles in the pelvic cavity lose their elasticity. Incontinence can be problematic, but there are tips that can help to control it:
- Do kegel exercises, which will help to strengthen the pelvic muscles, and may relieve symptoms of incontinence.
- Find out more about bladder behavioral therapy, which can help you gain control over urinary frequency.
Discuss menopause treatments with your doctor. Click here for more information about different treatments for physical symptoms of menopause.