Many women experience weight gain during and after menopause. However, losing weight during and after menopause can be challenging because a woman’s metabolism begins to slow down. Even so, if menopausal women are serious about losing weight during and after menopause, it can be achieved. The inevitable middle aged spread does not have to be accepted and instead, it is possible to lose weight during and after menopause.
How Can I Lose Weight During and After Menopause?
Although it is not easy to lose weight during and after menopause, exercise, a healthy diet, and natural supplements can assist women to lose weight at these times. Read below for more information about what should be done to lose weight during and after menopause.
• Consume a rich and varied diet. It is important that women who want to lose weight during and after menopause consume at least five potions of fruit and vegetables a day. Ready meals do not have to be avoided, but they should not be eaten daily and smart choices should be made. For example, many of the big chain supermarkets have a healthy range of ready meals that can be eaten once a week (although a high salt content usually means that this should not be exceeded).
• Drinking green tea: This is filled with antioxidants, and water really helps women to feel more energetic. Green tea can also help to cleanse the body and assist women to lose weight during and after menopause.
• Exercise regularly. Doing regular moderate exercise is extremely important when trying to lose weight during and after menopause. Sports such as yoga can be extremely effective at helping women to lose at these times. Doing regular exercise is vital for a healthy body and also promotes a positive attitude.
• Natural supplements. Very often taking a natural supplement that helps keep the body’s systems in balance can assist women who are trying to lose weight during and after menopause. Natural supplements usually have little or no side effects and make women feel more energetic and healthier.
These methods should be considered by women as an initial course of action when they are attempting to lose weight during and after menopause. However, there are certain triggers that women should avoid if they are trying to lose weight during and after menopause. These include:
• Sugary soft drinks. Often filled with hidden calories, just one soft drink can add up to two hundred calories to a meal. These are empty calories that do not help women to lose weight during and after menopause.
• Alcohol. Also contains empty calories and sugars that contribute to weight gain. If a woman wishes to replace her calorie laden glass of white wine or pint of cider, a vodka and slim lime tonic is a good alternative. Even in these cases, it is important that alcohol be enjoyed in moderation.
If a woman is concerned about her weight gain and is finding she is unable to lose weight during and after menopause, she should consult a nurse to discuss further lifestyle changes. It may be hard for women to lose weight during and after menopause, so a positive attitude is vitally important. Click here for more information about weight loss for women during perimenopause.
Other Related Articles:
Can power yoga help me lose weight?
10 weight loss myths that wont help you during menopause