If you are a sufferer of irritating hot flashes, it could mean that you have low estrogen levels. When your estrogen levels are low it has adverse effects on your body's functions, and can result in hot flashes. One way to remedy this is by eating foods for hot flashes that are rich in phytoestrogens.
There are countless foods that are chock full of phytoestrogens that you will be able to find easily at your nearest grocery store. The following is a guide to foods that contain phytoestrogens. By adding some of these meals into your daily life you will hopefully notice results and your hot flashes will be alleviated.
Here are a few breakfast ideas that will help you start your day off on the right foot. Remember, you can always substitute and change parts of the meal to better accommodate your lifestyle.
1. Multigrain toast with soy yogurt. Each of these components is full of phytoestrogens and will keep you full and alert all morning. Try different flavors of soy yogurt to keep your mornings from becoming boring and generic and spread a tablespoon of peanut butter on your toast for a little extra protein and a hint of flavor.
2. Dried apricots, dried dates and flax bread. A nice mix of sweet dried fruits with hearty flax bread will make for a delicious breakfast and will keep you going all day. Spread a little almond butter on your toast for an extra kick of phytoestrogens and flavor.
These lunches will be great to bring to the office on your busy days and will keep you full until dinnertime.
1. Turkey sandwich with hummus on flax bread. Try toasting the bread before making your sandwich to add a little crunch, then liberally slather on some roasted red pepper hummus and pile on the turkey and other fresh veggies you love. This is the perfect mid-day lunch that will taste great and give you your midday boost of phytoestrogens.
1. Hummus and pita chips. Pick out your favorite hummus and enjoy a healthy, phytoestrogenic rich snack while you are making dinner or waiting to go out with friends.
2. Sunflower seeds. Readily available and full of phytoestrogens, these little seeds make for the perfect on-the-go snack. Keep a small bag in your purse so you have a healthy snack on hand at all times.
1. Multigrain pasta with garlic tomato sauce. Multigrain anything is a great source of phytoestrogen. Multigrain pasta, along with some fresh tomatoes and garlic, a known source of phytoestrogens, makes for a delicious dinner that your whole family can enjoy. Make some multigrain garlic bread to go alongside and you will have one amazing meal.
Click on the following link to learn more about hot flashes treatments.
Other Related Articles:
Hot flashes in women
Best Makeup to Wear During Menopausal Hot Flashes
Tips for treating hot flashes in perimenopause
Exercise tips and stress relief methods to help control your hot flashes on a daily basis
How will swimming help combat hot flashes?
Running out of her favorite restaurant, turning her house into an igloo, having poor concentration at work these are some of the ways that hot flashes can...
In the morning, you look forward to coffee after waking up. The afternoon may bring a sudden craving for an ice cold cola. And after a...
Hysterectomy can often lead women to suddenly experience the onset of menopause and symptoms such as hot flashes. Hysterectomy does not...