When choosing from the range of natural remedies for menopause symptoms it can often be difficult to know which is right for you and which one will be most effective. It's important to understand that choosing from this option depends on a number of factors including your symptoms, medical history, and individual concerns. It's always a good idea to consult a doctor for advice.
Selecting natural remedies involves weighing up the pros and cons of all options and discussing each one with your doctor who will take into account your medical history. Keep reading to find out more about natural remedies for menopause symptoms.
What Is the Alternative Option for Treating Menopause Symptoms?
Alternative options range from over-the-counter therapies, such as massages, acupuncture, homeopathy, and aromatherapy, to herbal remedies such as phytoestrogens and non estrogenic herbs. Herbal remedies are currently the leading type of natural remedies for menopause symptoms.
These herbal remedies are gaining status because of the risks involved in using more traditional methods to alleviate menopausal symptoms, such as hormone replacement therapy (HRT), which may increase the risk of breast cancer and heart disease. Natural remedies for menopause symptoms involve little or no risk and are therefore a desirable treatment option.
The two most popular natural remedies for menopause symptoms are: phytoestrogenic and non-estrogenic herbs.
• Phytoestrogenic herbs, such as Black Cohosh, contain estrogenic components produced by plants. Initially, these herbs treat the underlying hormonal imbalance that causes menopausal symptoms by introducing plant-based estrogens into the body. However, by adding hormones from an external source, the body might lessen it ability to produce its own estrogen.
• Non-estrogenic herbs, such as Macafem, not contain any estrogen and instead works by stimulating the body to produce its own hormones efficiently. Non-estrogenic herbs (e.g. Macafem) may be considered the safest treatments for menopause symptoms because the body creates its own hormones and doesn't require any outside help.
Keep reading to discover some simple lifestyle changes that can help to remedy menopause symptoms.
Lifestyle Changes for Menopause Symptoms
There are simple lifestyle changes for menopause symptoms that you can implement with ease. Simple changes to your daily routine can remedy menopause symptoms and improve your quality of life. Below is a list of recommended lifestyle changes:
• Breathing. Practice slow, diaphragmatic breathing.
• Diet. Eat a balanced diet, increasing soy protein intake and eating more fresh fruit and vegetables.
• Vitamins. Increase Vitamin E and B intake to 800mg/day.
• Avoid Triggers. Limit your consumption of foods that are high in caffeine and sugar.
• Exercise. Regularly activity is essential to keep hormones level balanced.
• Reduce stress. Consider meditation, yoga, visualization, or other methods of stress relief.
Many experts agree that the best way to combat the symptoms of menopause comes from the right combination of lifestyle changes and alternative medicine. Click here for more information about treatments for menopause symptoms.
Other Related Articles:
5 of the best foods to help you through menopause
How Do I Know if I'm Experiencing Menopause?
When Will My Menopause Symptom Hell End?
Menopause: Signs & Symptoms
How to reduce sweating during menopause