There are 34 menopause symptoms that can affect women going through this stage of life. Most women will experience a combination of symptoms, which can become a burden on their daily lives. Learning how to reduce the 34 menopause symptoms is essential. Keep reading to discover how.
What Are the Most Common Menopause Symptoms?
The most widely reported of the 34 menopause symptoms are hot flashes, night sweats, irregular periods, loss of libido, and vaginal dryness. Women typically experience the 34 menopause symptoms until the end of the menopausal transition. However, this is not always the case, as many have to cope with them well past menopause, which prompts women to look for ways to reduce their symptoms.
Most treatment options that are available for women to reduce these unpleasant symptoms are easy to implement. Keep reading to learn more about the various ways in which you can decrease the impact of menopausal symptoms on your life.
Steps You Can Take to Reduce the 34 Menopause Symptoms
Lifestyle changes are a great way of improving your overall health and may also reduce the 34 menopause symptoms. There are three principal ways that women can boost their general health and reduce the menopausal symptoms that are troubling them:
1. Regular exercise. Keeping fit is a vital part of any woman's life and can be helpful in reducing the 34 menopause symptoms. Frequent physical activity improves sleep patterns and mood. Exercise may also relieve night sweats, by reducing stress and balancing out hormones.
2. Stress-reduction techniques. Yoga, tai chi, and meditation are all ways to reduce the 34 menopause symptoms by using conscious breathing and stretching techniques. Acupuncture is another method that may be beneficial for women looking to reduce the menopause symptoms relating to stress.
3. Healthy eating. Eating a balanced diet including all of the essential minerals and vitamins is another way to reduce the 34 menopause symptoms. A few vitamins found in healthy foods that have been proven to reduce menopausal symptoms include:
• Vitamin C. This vitamin is commonly found in oranges, broccoli, cabbage, asparagus, and tomatoes.
• Vitamin E. This can be found in asparagus, almonds, lamb, brown rice, and mangoes.
• Vitamin B. Wheat germ, oysters, and liver are all high in vitamin B.
• Fatty acids. Omega 3 and Omega 6 are fatty acids commonly found in flax seeds, walnuts, salmon, and tofu.
Keep reading to find out about herbal remedies that can help to reduce the 34 menopause symptoms.
Using Herbal Remedies to Reduce the 34 Menopause Symptoms
The demand for alternative medicine to reduce the symptoms of menopause continues to grow as women look for more natural treatments.
There are two main types of herbs that can be used: phytoestrogenic herbs and non-estrogenic herbs. Phytoestrogenic herbs produce estrogen-like effects which can be beneficial for women who want to reduce the 34 menopause symptoms. They work through the introduction of artificial hormones, which can cause the body to become less capable of producing estrogen on its own, potentially resulting in a further decline of natural hormone levels.
Using non-estrogenic herbs to reduce the 34 menopause symptoms is considered much safer due to the fact that these herbs don't contain any estrogen and work in harmony with the body, stimulating its own production of hormones.
Other Related Articles:
When do menopause symptoms start?
7 Symptoms of Menopause that Men NEED to Know About
Q&A: What happens to my hormones during menopause?
Physical Menopause Symptoms
Surgical menopause: will I still have symptoms?