Home Remedies for Menopause
Every woman who has gone through menopause can remember a time when it got bad. There are many horror stories out there and with no exact cure in sight the experience seems daunting. Hormonal therapies have been to have cured symptoms for some women but more and more health risks are being found.
Recently, more women are turning towards home remedies for menopause pains and symptoms.
Read more below to find out about home remedies.
What are home remedies?
Home remedies are natural ways you can relieve the symptom or symptoms all being from the comfort of your home.
From hot flashes, to fatigue, to loss of sexual appetite, women experience a range of emotions and feelings, and likewise there are many different cures or things you can do to help you along into this new stage in your life.
Keep reading to find out which are the best home remedies,
What home remedies work better?
Some women find that a certain remedy works for them while for others it does nothing at all. Some women use herbal remedies and others do not. It is best to experiment and look for things that you would like doing.
Here is a list of some of the common non-herbal medicines,
• Learn to relax - Learn to forget about what is going on around you and focus on the moment. Many have turned towards meditation.
• Look sexy - looking good can boost self esteem and make you feel more comfortable.
• Exercise - exercising daily will help keep off stress.
• Eat healthily - Getting the proper vitamins and keeping your body healthy is key for both physical and mental wellness.
• Limit alcohol and tobacco - Alcohol and tobacco have can negative effects and actually make the symptoms worse.
• Take time for yourself - Do the things that you want to do.
• Learn your triggers - Often a certain situation whether it be environmental, physical or mental, can set off a symptom. Try to remember or write down what you were doing before the symptom got bad.
Keep reading to find out about herbal home remedies.
What are the most common home herbal remedies?
Many concoctions of herbal remedies have been invented to order to relieve the symptoms of menopause.
Here are a couple of the most common recipes:
• To increase levels of estrogen, try: green beans, peas, sunflower seeds, garlic, soy, oats, and alfalfa.
• Reduce hot flashes -Try taking 800 mg. of prime-rose oil in water three times a day. Also Hot teas containing: cohosh, don quai root, sarsaparilla, licorice, chaste tree, and ginseng, have been known to benefit women especially with hot flashes.
• Dry skin - Try vegetable oil and bee´s wax to make a lotion.
• Vaginal Dryness – 50mcg of selenium. 2,000 mg of vitamin C and 10 mg of beta-carotene, once a day every day.
Treatment for Vaginal Dryness
The severity of symptoms often depends on the health of the person. A woman going through menopause symptoms should try to balance her life and reduce stress as much as possible. Doing exercise and making lifestyle changes are key in preserving physical and mental health.
There are many common home recipes which many find useful. Find one that works for you. Many different herbs such as St. John´s Wart are known to curing or helping a certain symptom.
If you are experiencing pain or think that something is wrong, see your doctor. Your doctor can help you find a solution for that works for you.
Click here for more information on home remedies for Menopause.
Other Related Articles: